My 2 minute demo video

• LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Blogosphere News
  • Reddit
  • Technorati
  • Tumblr

Summary:

Want to learn how to fast forward (at different speeds), slow, and control YouTube videos? A quick set of shortcuts.

Details:

Here is how to Fast Forward and otherwise control your YouTube videos:

• Fast forward – hit the right arrow once (5 second jump, repeat if necessary)
  • Faster forward – to jump ahead 10 seconds, hit the L key
  • Fastest forward – hold the right arrow button down
  • Go to the 10% mark – hit the 1 key. Go to the 20 mark by hitting the 2 key
  • Pause/play – the space bar, which is a toggle key (to stop then start)
    • Alternatively, click on video
  • Make the whole video go 2 times as fast in speed up mode:
    • Click the “Settings” wheel, which is the 3rd item from the right in the lower right
      • Change speed from normal to 2x or whatever other option you want

You can probably figure out the rest, but for completeness, I have put a bunch of it here.

Here is how to Rewind your YouTube videos:

• Rewind – hit the left arrow once (5 second jump, repeat if necessary)
  • Faster rewind – hit the J key
  • Fastest rewind – hold the right arrow button down
  • Go to the 10% mark – hit the 1 key. Go to the 20 mark by hitting the 2 key
  • Pause/play – the space bar, which is a toggle key (to stop then start)
  • Make the whole video go 50% of the speed:
      • Change speed from normal to 0.5 or whatever other option you want

Shouldn’t someone have taught you that earlier?

Be Sociable, Share!

7 comments

1 Marsha Crenshaw { 05.11.16 at 8:59 pm }

Very helpful! Thanks!

2 house listings { 06.12.16 at 10:59 am }

This information is amazing. I will recommend it to my family and anybody that could be interested in this matter. Great work guys!

3 Eternal Dilemma { 06.30.16 at 1:11 am }

This website is amazing. I will tell about it to my friends and anybody that could be interested in this subject. Great work guys!

4 James Brewer { 07.21.16 at 12:40 pm }

This article changed the way I use Youtube, especially the numbers being percents and the seconds fast forward time integrals exactly, I never noticed the difference between the right key and using L or J, Now I know one is 5 seconds or 10. So thanks for your time and insight to make this!

5 Aman { 02.02.17 at 8:31 am }

Hi,

Please check my channel’s (Simple But Unknown) latest video to find out how can we forward or rewind YouTube video in Android phones

6 Aman { 02.02.17 at 8:31 am }

Hi,

7 proxy list { 05.27.17 at 2:26 pm }

Hello,I check your blogs named “How to Fast Forward, Rewind & control YouTube videos | Missing LinkedIn Tips for Sales, Jobs, Recruiting, HR, etc” on a regular basis.Your writing style is witty, keep up the good work! And you can look our website about proxy list.